Monday, November 21, 2011

A Place of Our Own Part 1

YES!
We moved in to our new apartment and we absolutely love it!
I know you all have been waiting to see pictures of the place and so I couldn't put it off any longer, so here they are!
Please keep in mind that it's not done YET,
but it's definitely getting there.
It has been a small journey getting it all put together.
But with the help of my sweet mother and my new best friend HOBBY LOBBY,
we have gotten thus far.
ENJOY :)

This is our spacious living room with a peek of the dining room and kitchen.
(coffee table, entertainment center and couch: IKEA)

On the hunt for decorative pillows..

The beautiful kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops
(This is my favorite part of the apartment)

Our cute little dining room :)

The guest bathroom

So, I know these pictures are all kind of random but like I said it's not finished yet.
I am currently on the hunt for a cheap dresser to refurbish and the entertainment center isn't fully put together yet (I don't have a very hands on hubby unfortunately haha jk babe, but seriously he's not) so I'm stuck doing most of it myself and I don't really know how to mount something that big on the wall so that will be a chore all on it's own. I also haven't decided if I want to purchase a headboard or make one on my own. (I really need ideas so, I would really appreciate any input you have!!)

My favorite part about moving into a new apartment is finding things to put in the nook and cranny's of the place. Hobby Lobby is the perfect place to find these things! Also, since it's fall and I'm obsessed with fall colors, (not to mention everything was like 60%off) I went a little nuts in that section of the store. Here are a few of things I created...

I put this up in one of my bookshelves.

I just love it.
I plan on just changing out the fall stuff and putting in like wreath
type things with ornaments for Christmas.


Just a bunch of other little knick knacks I picked up at Hobby Lobby
(No, that's not wine..it's just a health drink in a wine like bottle)

Like I said, it's on it's way to getting finished but these things take time. Once it's all done and finished, I will give you all part 2! In the mean time, let me know what you think!

Until next time...

Love, The Meise's

2 comments: