Thursday, October 27, 2011

Home Bitter-Sweet Home




It's official.
We have left NYC and are back in AZ.
I have to admit I was really depressed saying goodbye to Brooklyn and our lovely Marriott hotel room.


It was pretty awesome having free rent and someone to clean up after you every single day.
Not to mention living so close to Manhattan and the getting to explore the city almost every day.

I wanted to have one more post dedicated to NYC so I could look back and remember all the amazing things I got to do and see.
So, here is a recap of some of those things I did before I left.

Jeff and I had the opportunity to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (compliments of J.P. Morgan) and it was astounding. I have never seen so many beautiful pieces of art work in my life. I am not a big museum fan but this place was cool.






Those are just a few pictures I snapped while walking through. This place is so enormous that we didn't even have time to visit every part of the museum.

I also had a chance to meet up with some friends from our old ward in Utah, The Markhams.
Alyssa and I went on the Staten Island ferry where we got to see good ol' Lady Liberty herself
and then her and husband Shane were kind enough to invite me to go see the 9/11 Memorial.


The memorial site is magnificent. They truly have done a beautiful job on reconstructing the thing. I can't wait until they open the museum next year!

It is weird being back home in Arizona. I love it here but nothing compares to New York City. It is such a unique place and I hope one day we can live there permanently. (sorry, Mom)

We are on to new adventures though. We are currently on an apartment hunt, which sorta fun but mostly stressful. I am pretty excited to have a place of my own and be out of my parents house..(sorry again, Mom) I just really want to decorate and have a place to call home.

This is life as we know it for now. I will update when we get in to our new apartment, so wish me luck and hopefully we will be moved in by next weekend (that is if we can pick a place)!!


Until Next Time...

Love, The Meise's


1 comment:

  1. Ummm I didn't see a sorry Lou in there anywhere hahah. I know your going to miss me and I'll have to say I told you so but that's ok I still love ya, and respect your decision to someday move to New York hahahhaha!

    ReplyDelete