Saturday, December 24, 2011

A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet

'Tis the season...
to make tasty treats and share them with friends!
If any of you have ever tried my mother's famous caramel popcorn,
you are in for a serious treat...LITERALLY!
Merry Christmas everyone,
from my mom, to me, to YOU!

What you'll need:
If your making your own popcorn- 1/2 cup of kernels
or 1 1/2 bags of plain popcorn
2 sticks/1 cup of butter
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
14 large marshmallows


Once you have all your ingredients out, you will want to pop your popcorn and put it in a large bowl.
Next, you will need a medium sized pot.
Put the 2 sticks of butter in and put it to medium heat.
Add your white and brown sugar.
Add your 14(no more, no less) large marshmallows.
Stir on the medium heat until all ingredients are melted and mixed together.
Once the marshmallows are completely melted, you will want to remove the pot from the heat immediately.
Poor the mixture on top of the popcorn and mix with a large spoon.


Let cool for 15 minutes (if you can) and ENJOY!

I decided to share this yummy treat with my co-workers, so I made them into popcorn balls and put them in cute Santa bags!

Adorable, right??

I hope you all enjoy this yummy recipe I shared with you!
Let us all remember what the real meaning of Christmas is and remember our Savior and His birth. I am so grateful for Him and my Heavenly Father and for all They do for me.
Happy Holidays everyone, from my family to yours.

Until Next Year...

Love, The Meise's

No comments:

Post a Comment