Friday, September 30, 2011

A Wicked 26th Birthday



On Wednesday, we celebrated Jeff's 26th birthday!

Even on his birthday, he won't smile...I still love him though.


Unfortunately, he still had to attend training all day so I wasn't able to see him until later that evening. Jeff's mom Beth had been wanting to take me to the Broadway show Wicked since forever so it just so happened that it worked out we were able to meet up that day and go!
It was seriously amazing! I had no idea there was this whole other side and story to The Wizard of Oz.


Jeff's mom Beth and I after the show! We LOVED it!


After the show, Jeff met us in Manhattan and we went to dinner at the cutest, tastiest little Italian restaurant where we had maybe the best gnocchi and chicken parm. We will definitely be eating there again.

Unfortunately, after dinner it was starting to get late and so we walked Jeff's mom to Penn Station to get on her train back to Pennsylvania. We decided since it wouldn't take us long to get back to Brooklyn we would walk to Bryant Park.


Even though you can't see in this pic, this park is beautiful! I love seeing all the green in the middle of the big city. Makes you slow down in such a chaotic place and stop to appreciate nature.


We walked around a little more after that and decided it was getting late for us too so we headed back to our temporary home at the Brooklyn Marriott. When we got back I surprised Jeff with a little brownie/cheesecake cupcake from our favorite dessert shop Crumbs.

Yumm..doesn't it just make your mouth water looking at it? (This pic was taken after we ate a bite or five..)


I felt like such a bad wife because I didn't have a present to give Jeff on his actual birthday. He said he wanted to pick out something on his own and that he didn't want any surprises. The next day I just couldn't stand it and decided I HAD to get him something. So, I went to Nordstrom's Rack (one of our favorite stores) and got him these gorgeous brown Hugo Boss dress shoes.


Let's just say..he loved them.


I am so grateful for my honey bunny Jeff and that I got to celebrate his birthday with him. He completes me in every way and I can't imagine my life without him. I am so glad we were married and sealed in the temple so I know that no matter what we can be together for eternity! He really is the best! I love you sweetie, hope you had the best birthday! Can't wait to celebrate 26 more!

Until next time...

Love, The Meise's


1 comment:

  1. Aww monk you have the best posts...you are a natural born blogger haha I have taught you well! I want to know all about the play "wicked" it sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete